An authentic Scottish recipe from www.clans.org.uk
8 oz plain flour
3 oz caster sugar (fine)
3 oz butter
Half teaspoon baking powder
Half teaspoon of caraway seeds
One tablespoon milk
One egg (standard size)
Recipe listing . .
- Sift the flour and baking powder and rub in the butter until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Mix in the sugar and caraway seeds and then add the egg and milk to make a stiff dough.
- Roll the mixture on a floured surface to biscuit/cookie thickness.
- Cut out with a plain cutter (3 inch is normal).
- Prick the biscuits with a fork and place on a greased baking tray (cookie sheet)
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375F/190C/Gas Mark 5 for about ten minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container once cooled.