Arran Potato Salad
An authentic Scottish recipe from www.clans.org.uk
Use waxy potatoes
4 ounces (100g) peas (fresh or frozen).
4 ounces cooked beetroot (red beets).
Salt and ground black pepper.
Two teaspoons chopped onion.
One teaspoon fresh parsley (chopped).
Four tablespoons (60ml) salad dressing or cream.
Fresh parsley for garnish.
Recipe listing . .
- Dice the potatoes and boil in salted water for ten minutes until tender.
- Cook the peas for five minutes until tender then drain.
- Dice the beetroot.
- Drain the potatoes and shake dry.
- Mix the vegetables together while warm and stir in the chopped parsley and onion.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in the salad dressing or cream and garnish with fresh parsley.