Partridge and Black Pudding
An authentic Scottish recipe from www.clans.org.uk
You can use the same recipe with duck or any game bird.
- 4 partridges
So it is really bird and black pudding !
- 4 thick slices best black pudding
- 8 ozs mixed salad leaves (250 grm)
- 4 fluid ounces stock (125 ml / half cup)
- 2 tbsp red wine (25 ml)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (12 ml)
- 3 tbsp vinaigrette (37 ml)
- 1 tsp redcurrant jelly
- salt and ground black pepper
Serving: Slice the meat thinly. Put a pile of dressed salad leaves on 4 plates. Arrange sliced meat on top. Surround with shards of black pudding. Drizzle with reduced juice/stock. Delicious.
Recipe listing . .
- Remove breasts from the birds and pull of skin.
- Keep carcasses and legs for stock.
- Season breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy frying pan until very hot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan then breasts, skinned side down.
- Fry for 2 minutes then turn over and fry for 2 minutes more.
- Remove breasts from pan and rest them on a plate.
- Deglaze pan with stock and red wine.
- Stir in redcurrant jelly, reduce by half, then set aside and keep warm.
- Fry black pudding in a non-stick pan until crisp on the outside.
- Cross cut fried pudding into 6 or 8 triangles from each.