Brown Trout Bake
An authentic Scottish recipe from www.clans.org.uk
Four half pound (250g) trout.
4 tablespoons dry vermouth or dry wine.
2 tablespoons olive oil.
Freshly ground black pepper.
4 sprigs of fresh herb (dill, chives or parsley).
Cooking time will vary, depending on how wet / heavy the fish are.
- Clean the trout.
- Remove the scales and fins and wipe with tissue.
- Season inside of trout with salt and pepper and insert the herb sprigs.
- Cut four pieces of kitchen foil to be about three inches longer than the fish.
- Brush the foil with olive oil and place each trout on one piece.
- Pull the foil up to enclose the fish (like a boat).
- Brush the outside of the fish with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and pour a tablespoon of vermouth or wine over each fish. (leaks will show)
- Fold foil over the top to enclose the fish and pinch foil to seal package (leaving space around the fish inside its boat).
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated oven at 450F/230C/Gas Mark 8 for about ten minutes.
Check by opening foil to examinine fish at the thickest part.
Recipe listing . .