Prince Charles Poulet
An authentic Scottish recipe from www.clans.org.uk
Uses Drambuie - a recipe deriving from our Nordic ancestors.
- 4 breasts of chicken
- 3 tablespoons Drambuie (1 floz)
- half cup chicken stock (4 fluid ounces or 125ml or half cup)
- 8 fluid ounces double/whipping cream (250ml or one US cup)
- 3 ounces butter (125g)
- 1 ounce flaked almonds(25 g)
- 3 large / 4 medium apples
- flour, salt and pepper
Recipe listing . .
- Flour and season chicken breasts and fry both sides in hot butter to brown.
- When well browned, sprinkle chicken with Drambuie, add chicken stock, cover and simmer for ten minutes.
- Peel and core apples.
- Cut apples into thick slices and cook gently in butter till medium soft - do not mash.
- Remove the chicken from the stock to a serving dish when ready. Keep warm in the oven.
- Make the sauce by adding more Drambuie to the remaining stock, and gently stir in the cream.
- Heat but do not boil the sauce or cream may separate, and add the roasted flaked almonds.
- Cover the chicken with this sauce and garnish with the sliced apple.