Haddock Prawn Pillow
An authentic Scottish recipe from www.clans.org.uk
- four large smoked haddock fillets
- 8 ounces (250g) prawns
- 8 ounces (250g) spinach
- half pint (300ml) white wine
- 2 ounces (50g) chives / syboes
- 2 ounces (50g) butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe listing . .
- Place a quarter of the prawns and spinach on each smoked haddock.
- Roll each haddock around its contents and place on an oiled baking tray.
- Put a knob of butter on top of each.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at 425F/220C/Gas Mark 7 for 15-20 minutes till cooked.
- Prepare sauce:
- Put cream and wine into a small saucepan and simmer gently till thickened.
- Add chopped chives and seasoning and simmer on for 1 minute.
- Place one haddock on each plate.
- Pour over the sauce and garnish with chopped fresh chives.
- Serve alone as a special starter, or with fresh vegetables as a main course.