Haddock and Ham Pie
An authentic Scottish recipe from www.clans.org.uk
- 12 ounces smoked haddock (375g)
This is a crumble-type pie and serves four.
- 4 ounces chopped bacon (125g or half cup)
- 8 ounces sliced tomatoes (250g)
- 2 ounces grated Scottish cheddar cheese or similar (60g)
- a little butter for frying
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 ounces breadcrumbs (60g)
- 3 tablespoons water
Recipe listing . .
- Heat the oven to GasMark5/375F/190C.
- Grease an ovenproof dish.
- Melt the butter in a pan
- Fry the onion and the chopped bacon for a few minutes to soften.
- Arrange half of the tomato slices in the dish and cover these with the onion and bacon mixture.
- Put the haddock on top of this and top with the remaining tomato slices.
- Pour on the water and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Cover with a lid or foil and cook for 20 minutes at GasMark5/375F/190C.
- Remove the lid or foil and cook for another ten minutes till the topping has browned.