Lorne Sliced Sausage
An authentic Scottish recipe from www.clans.org.uk
- 2 lbs Ground/minced Beef
- 2 lbs Ground Pork
- 3 Cups Fine Bread Crumbs
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 tsp Coriander
- 3 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup of water.
Recipe listing . .
- The beef and pork should not be too lean or the sausage will be dry.
- Mix really well by hand then place in an oblong pan/s (about 12 x 4 x 3).
- Place in the freezer till it's just starting to set.
- Remove pan and cut sausage to the thickness you prefer.
- Put slices into freezer bags and return to freezer.
- Defrost when required.
- Fry in a little fat or oil until brown and cooked to your taste.