Smoked Salmon Omelette
An authentic Scottish recipe from www.clans.org.uk
- 8 ounces/275 grams smoked salmon
- 8 medium size eggs
- 275ml fish stock
- 275ml white wine
- half teaspoon salt
- half teaspoon pepper
- 275ml/8 fluid ounces/one cup double cream
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch watercress finely chopped
Recipe listing . .
- Whisk the eggs together, adding salt and pepper, then chill.
- Make watercress sauce while eggs are chilling:
- Put white wine in a thick-bottomed pan and reduce by half.
- Add fish stock and reduce by half again.
- Add double cream, bring to the boil slowly.
- Add watercress and simmer for further 10 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and liquidise.
- Return to a very low heat till omelettes ready.
- Heat omelette pan and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add enough omelette mix for one.
- Keep moving - move around with spatula.
- When it is starting to cook, spread over bottom of pan and add a quarter of smoked salmon.
- Fold omelette over and place on plate.
- Cover with watercress sauce and serve.
- Repeat for each omelette.
- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !