Smoked Salmon Pate
An authentic Scottish recipe from www.clans.org.uk
- 4 ounces (125g) butter
- 8 ounces (250g) smoked salmon
- quarter pint (5 fluid ounces / 150ml ) double cream lightly whipped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe listing . .
- Heat butter gently in a pan till melted.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place smoked salmon in a food processor.
- While mincing, add melted butter and mix till the salmon is smooth.
- Remove and place in a bowl.
- Stir in lemon juice and whipped cream - mix together well.
- Place in a suitable dish and chill for 15-20 minutes before serving.