An authentic Scottish recipe from www.clans.org.uk
Ingredients for 2 pounds weight.
- Butter or margarine - half pound (225g)
Tablet is close to fudge but noticeably different.
Scottish recipes also have additions of flavourings.
Experiment and see (peppermint, whisky, vanilla . . . . . ).
- Sweetened condensed milk - one pound (450g)
- Castor sugar - 4 pounds (1.8kg)
- Water - 1 pint (half litre)
Recipe listing . .
- Put the water on a low heat and melt in the butter.
- Add the sugar and bring to the boil.
- Keep stirring to a void sticking / burning.
- When it is boiling, stir in condensed milk and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and beat vigorously for five minutes (adding flavouring now if needed).
- Pour into a greased dish.
- Cut into bars when cooled but warm and soft.
- When cold and firm, wrap the bars in waxed paper and store in an airtight container.